Objectives and Scope
The electronic Journal of Portuguese and Spanish Lexically-based Creoles
(Revista de Crioulos de Base Lexical Portuguesa e Espanhola
– RCBLPE) is the official journal of the Association of Portuguese- and Spanish-Lexified Creoles (Associação de Crioulos de Base Lexical Portuguesa e Espanhola
– ACBLPE). It is intended as a focus for international research on Iberian Romance-based pidgin and creole languages, and language contacts involving Portuguese or Spanish. The journal promotes the publication of current research on all aspects of theory and description of those languages and contact situations.
J. Clancy Clements
Department of Spanish and Portuguese
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Department of Languages
Hugo C. Cardoso
Faculdade de Letras
Departamento de Español
- Marlyse Baptista (University of Georgia)
- Clancy Clements (Indiana University)
- Mauro Fernández (Universidade da Coruña)
- John Holm (Universidade de Coimbra)
- Alain Kihm (CNRS-Université Paris 7)
- Silvia Kouwenberg (University of the West Indies, Mona)
- John Lipski (Pennsylvania State University)
- Philippe Maurer (Universität Zürich)
- Pieter Muysken (University of Nijmegen)
- John McWhorter (Manhattan Institute, New York)
- Armin Schwegler (University of California, Irvine)
- Tonjes Veenstra (ZAS, Berlin)
EDITORIAL ADVISORY BOARD
- Jürgen Lang (Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg)
- Matthias Perl (Universität Mainz)
- Dante Lucchesi (Universidade Federal da Bahia)
- Jean-Louis Rougé (Université d'Orléans)
- Tom Güldemann (Max Planck Institute, Leipzig)
- Perpétua Gonçalves (Universidade Eduardo Mondlane)
- Mikael Parkvall (Stockholms Universitet)
- Tjerk Hagemeijer (Centro de Linguística da Universidade de Lisboa)
- Jeff Siegel (University of New England)
Submission guidelines Editorial policy: The RCBLPE is a refereed journal. Original manuscripts will be considered for publication. Work that has been published or is being considered for publication elsewhere will not be accepted. Manuscripts that appear to meet the goals of the Journal will be reviewed by three independent reviewers before a decision is made on publication.
Submission: Original articles may be submitted in English, French, Spanish, or Portuguese. Manuscripts must conform to the style-guide specified below, and must contain an abstract and a list of key words. Manuscripts in digital format only (compatible with Microsoft Word or compatible file) should be sent to the Editor's e-mail address.
Everything in the manuscript should be double spaced (including the titles and headings, notes, indented quotes, and references), and margins of approximately 1-1/2 inches (3.8 cm) should be left on all four sides of each sheet. Use 8-1/2 x 11 inch or DIN A4 (or similar) page size.
Corrections: Authors are asked to check their manuscripts very carefully before submitting them to prevent delays at the proof stage. Authors should make every effort to prepare their manuscripts very cleanly and have as few corrections on any typed page as possible. Please keep the Editors informed of your whereabouts so that proofs can be sent to you. Authors will need to correct them and return them to the Editor within twenty-one days of receipt.
Phonetic transcriptions should, wherever possible, employ the symbols and conventions of the International Phonetic Alphabet. The transcription should be no narrower than is necessary. Permission. It is the responsibility of the authors to obtain permissions to reprint any materials that have been previously published. Permissions are mandatory for prose texts that exceed more than 400 words, all poetry, and figures and tables.
Our editing of your paper: The editors reserve the right to introduce minor cuts and to amend the phrasing and punctuation in all items accepted for publication. Authors are requested to check their manuscripts very carefully before submitting them.
Copyright: The RCBLPE has copyright for the electronic version of all of the material within the Journal, otherwise copyright of the material is retained by the respective author(s). The content of journal is intended for free use for the purposes of education and research. Articles may be electronically reproduced in full with the permission of the publisher ACBLPE. The author otherwise retains copyright to the written material and any associated images.
Copyright The electronic Journal of Portuguese and Spanish Lexically-based Creoles (Revista de Crioulos de Base Lexical Portuguesa e Espanhola – RCBLPE) has copyright for the electronic version of all of the material within the Journal, otherwise copyright of the material is retained by the respective author(s). The content of this Journal is for free use for the purposes of education and research.